Thursday, May 20, 2010

I'll disappear, take flight on the wind of wishing you were here
Fading light, like a star whose life has been gone for years



Anyway, its been a really GIRLY day for me today and I can't stand myself. I got home straight after school (RARE), slept abit and:

1) painted my nails out of boredom. (this is the first time ever. most of the time I just paint at most one hand and remove all of it)

2) Noticed how bad my hair quality has become and started to whine to my mom. (but seriously, my hair used to be jet black, thicker, silkier, less dry & limp and less tangled :( I've been losing ALOT of hair lately too, I wonder what's the problem... D:)

3) Went to the malls opposite and bought two dresses for my cousin's wedding! :D One pretty grey one from promod, and a light yellow one too! I got a glittery silver-black hairband too :D





Listening to Manic street Preachers now, and they used Jenny Saville's artwork for the album cover (Journal for Plague Lovers). This piece was what caught my eye at HMV the other day and got me interested in finding out about Manic street preachers anyway.

I really love her style, and Lucian Freud's. Sadly, expressionistic paintings are not easy and I haven't tried doing something expressionistic yet. Perhaps after the A's, I'll have fun dabbling with different mediums and styles!

Back to the album. I get goosebumps when I listen to their music, alternative rock isn't supposed to be soothing in the first place. But.. the album cover, together with the story of their band mate who disappeared for 15 years leaves me slightly uncomfortable :S and after listening to all the lyrics.. the lyrics too.



Can't wait for timbre tomorrow, our still life outing after A's, picnics and outings. Anything to get away from school and school life.


Can't believe I dragged the name up again..

I have no intention of making this post a sad one, so goodbye. I've decided to ask if I've got the chance to and free myself from all the useless thoughts.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHLEY!!!!!

No comments: